links for 2006-04-06
There has been some severe flakiness in the weblogs.us servers the last few days and unfortunately that meant yesterday’s daily link post never made it. So here they are:
- CIO Blogs – Why IT and Users Hate Each Other |
And to the ever-present battles of sales vs finance, management vs labour etc.. we can now add IT vs everyone else
- World of Apple – Mac News, Rumors and Opinions That You Want to HearI don’t quite think that Apple would start selling a mac with just Windows on it like Dvorak says, but certainly I can see macs coming with Windows and OSX prebuilt.
- NewsForge | Camino 1.0: Mozilla it is, Firefox it is not
So for the longest time we have nothing but IE, and now we have a 100? WTF?? Do we really need so many browsers? I mean, why would someone choose Camino over Firefox -what’s its USP? I don’t get it. let me know if you do.
- My Journey to Macintosh
A detailed blog covering the switch from Windows to Mac – looks like a good read
- » Why does Microsoft Passport suck? | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com
..and what it is doing to try and fix it
- Huge 1,500-year-old pyramid discovered in Mexico – Yahoo! News
A pyramid is discovered underneath one of the poorer parts of Mexico City – so what happens to those people living there now?
- Asteroid Crash on Mercury Splattered Earth, Study SaysIt’s only a theory, but it’s an interesting one
- Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Discovered: missing link that solves a mystery of evolution
The first concrete evidence of the evolution between sea-animals and land-based animals is found
- First Blue Screen of Death on my Imac Core Duo
Annnnd.. the first BSOD on a macintel
- OnMac.net: Windows XP on Intel Macs
So after this (http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/ ), what happens to these guys?
- iRider Web Browser – Wymea Bay
Ok I jus’t dont get this – what is so bad about Firefox (or even IE) that you would be willing to plunk 30 dollars for a browser?
- Apple – Boot Camp
NO-ONE and I mean No-one saw this one coming – Apple lauches a legal solution to dual booting Windows XP on an intel-based mac :-O